Question by Ha Ha Charade You Are……………….: What kind of goodies can I make at holiday time with 2 diabetics living with me?
I usually make home-made fudge and cookies. Does anyone know any receipies for sugar free candy & cookies?

Answer by Tigger
Not off the top of my head. But I do know that stevia is a good substitute for sugar- and in fact you might want to use less of it because it is sweeter.

Good luck!

Give your answer to this question below!

Posted by in Sugar Free Cookies and tagged with Diabetics, Goodies, Holiday, kind, living, time | Trackback
  1. Sugar PIe says:

Avoid things w/ icing. Even a diabetic, who is maintaing blood sugar control, can handle a slice of pound cake or angel food cake. You may also try shortbread cookies, as they are not as sweet as most. Normal portions, eaten in moderation, will not make the people w/ diabetes feel like they are suffering.

(If they are totally out of control glucose-wise, and eat what they want anyway w/o concern for their health, then just make waht you want and hide it.)

2. BarneyfromKillarney says:

You can usually find “sugar-free” recipe books in the supermarkets or drugstores, and certainly at Borders or Barnes & Noble.

3. super.sweep says:

Try Splenda. My sister-in-law makes a great home made apple pie w/Splenda. She told me that she just substitutes the Splenda for sugar. The receipe is on the box or she might have gotten it from their web site

4. lou says:

go to allrecipes.com! i believe they have a diabetic recipe section. this is one of the best recipe sites!

5. old_woman_84 says:

You could try going to you local library and getting a cookbook for sugar free recipes. Or even surfing the internet for such recipes. (In fact, I even bought such a book, but don’t know where it is a present–ha ha-have never used it.) That way you could get a variety of recipes. Just a thought.

6. dana says:

try things made with fruit juices and naturally sweet vegetables like sweet potato. Try taking your regular sugar Cookie recipe eliminate the sugar and add roasted mashed sweet potato, lemon juice, 1 tea spoon lemon zest, 1 table spoon of brown sugar, 1 tea spoon cinnamon. they should be great. Also take your favorite cake recipe and add apple sauce and even use flavored applesauce and eliminate the the flavor will be amazing.

7. lennie says:

Go to diabetic-recipes.com there are plenty .Or just type diabetic recipes and you have your choice . Free recipes.

8. Patty says:

One that might work is merengue cookies. Usually it only takes egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar. But the have the Splenda that measures just like sugar. Follow any merengue recipe using that and you can add things like nuts, chocolate chips, unsweetened cocoa, coffee crystals, or dried citrus peels and get some low-fat, no cholesterol, low-cal treat.

9. mrklcoac2002 says:

consult a doctor and see what they say

10. sherryn says:

Mineral water with a dash of fresh lemon, decorated with a festive little paper umbrella, fresh cheese platter, fresh veggies, & fresh fruits only. Kill them with kindness & stay away from the artificial sweeteners, that will kill them in ways that I don’t care to get into! Keep it real & healthy.

11. dixieprayerlady says:

There are sugar free jellos and puddings but you will need to add a whip topping of some sort or something to help with bad taste of those UNSWEETNED DESSERTS. I KNOW CAUSE I TOO AM DIABETIC . HOPE THIS HELPS.One day i know of did some chocolate graham cracker dessert with a sugar free pudding the graham crackers help with the taste of that unsweetned pie cause other wise i wouldn’t have eaten it due to the bitter taste of it , cause of course the graham crackers have sugar and then she jelled making a cholate pie and it was GREAT CHECK THE BACK OF SOME THOSE INSTANT PIES AND OR JELLOS FOR DESSERT IDEAS. !! THE DESSERT BY THE WAY WAS GREAT. !!

12. JamesMonroe says:

Try raw vegan desserts, basically all naturual like crushed and pounded together nuts for the crusts and natural fillings etc. they’re really good as well as made from fruits and other things which shouldn’t affect your friends. But check into that and ask them if its okay, I promise they’ll be just as good as any desert you’d naturally eat and 10x better for you.

13. holla_at_ur_grl says:

hey wat bout rat poison cookies yeah um make sure you in the will first.LOL i am not serious but ithink there are places that have recipes like that. you can try looking online. It also depends on wat type of diabeties they have. try a turkey with oregano pepper stuffing inside and lightly marinate it with red wine. my mom makes it every year it is delicious.
    my friend says awesome

14. WannaBeHappy says:

Swedish Nuts

1 egg white
    2 cups pecan halves
    1/3 cup Splenda
    2 tsp. cinnamon

Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 15 1/2×10 1/2×1″ cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Mix egg white and pecans in medium sized bowl until pecans are coated and sticky. Mix Splenda and cinnamon and sprinkle over pecans and stir until completely covered. Spread out in a single layer on pan and bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until toasted – but watch them closely…they burn QUICKLY. Cool completely to store for up to 3 weeks or serve warm.

15. banananose_89117 says:

I used to have a senior diabetic neighbor. I would substitute 1/4 cup for every cup of regular sugar in any recipe and it worked in making cookies.

I do recommend you go wilcherish.com/cardshop/diabetic for all kinds of recipes. I found it by Googling free diabetic recipes.