What are those big pink mexican cookies called?

Question by Katya: What are those big pink mexican cookies called?
And whats the recipe?

Best answer:

Answer by Bonnie

Add your own answer in the comments!

Posted by in Mexican Cookies and tagged with called, cookies, Mexican, Pink, those | Trackback
  1. wiseass says:


  2. fafa says:

    my balls

  3. Kv ¡Chelsea for life! says:

    Polovorones. Sorry no recipe!

  4. JadaKiss says:

    Big Pink Mexican Cookies

    adapted from Cake Central


    1/2 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco), yup it is in here but you are not supposed to taste it

    1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter softened

    1 cup powdered sugar

    1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

    1/2 teaspoon salt

    Red food color

    2 cups all purpose flour

    Granulated sugar for sprinkling


    Preheat oven to 350°

    Beat shortening, butter and powdered sugar together until creamy.

    Add vanilla and salt and mix well.

    Add food coloring to desired color and mix well.

    Add flour and mix until combined but do not overmix.

    Scoop into two inch balls (about 2 tablespoons). I used my 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and topped them one on top of the other like a double scoop of ice cream then rounded the two in my hands and placed it on the cookie sheet.

    Flatten the cookie with the palm of your hand and make sure the cookies are at least 3 inches apart. The thickness is up to you. I would go about 1/2 an inch or so, maybe slightly less, but a 1/4 inch is too thin.

    Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.

    After removing them from the oven, sprinkle with granulated sugar. Enjoy!

Leave a Reply to fafa

Click here to cancel reply.   Some XHTML allowed.