What are these holiday cookies called?

Question by brown eyes: What are these holiday cookies called?
My grandmother in law passed away and hubby and I were not lucky enough to receive her recipes.
I would like to give some details about these cookies and see if anyone knows what they are called.

They are pink and white and usually “braided” together and then curved at the top to form the shape of a candy cane.
they are somewhat of a “sweet” cookie, yet the pink and white parts of the cookies have two very distinct flavors.

hopefully someone can help, if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Best answer:

Answer by TX2step
Just “candy cane” cookies. I make them with a sugar cookie dough; color 1 section with red food coloring and peppermint extract. Make thin ropes of red & white and twist them together and bend into the hook on top. You can even brush with a beaten egg white; and sprinkle with crushed candy canes before you bake them, if you want……

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Posted by in Holiday Cookies and tagged with called, cookies, Holiday, these | Trackback
  1. ckngbbbls says:

    I think they are a soft sugar cookie with the dough batch split in half and then tinted and flavored as desired. The canes are made by hand rolling a small amount of dough of each color and twisting it together to form the cane. Google candy cane cookies and a ton of recipes will pop up, all with different versions of this. I never made them as I didn’t want to piddle with all the hand made stuff just to see my large son pop them in his mouth 2 at a time. LOL

Leave a Reply

  Some XHTML allowed.