Question by Mel: I wanted to make holiday cookies for my diabetic friend, but i’m not exactly sure how…….?
I had wanted to make him some holiday cutout cookies for my diabetic boyfriend, but my mom and i have never used artificial sweetner, i just wanted to know how different it is to use splenda vs sugar, and if anybody knew of a good recipe

Answer by duffie_1999
the splenda websie has recipes, but you can pretty much substitute splenda for sugar 1 to 1

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

1. Erin says:

You can buy sugar free cookies. Or instead of using sugar in a recipe, but a box or pourable Splenda.

2. Tab BEE <3 says:

Google cookie recipes for diabetics

3. LisaHW says:

Splenda can be used in place of sugar. The trouble with Splenda is that it can cause intestinal problems and can leave an after-taste.

If I were making cookies and using Splenda I’d use slightly less Splenda than I would use if the sweetener was sugar. I don’t mean cut the amounts way down. I just mean trim a little.

Don’t forget that fruits have forbidden sugar for diabetics too, so a cookie recipe that doesn’t include fruits or jellies would be important.

4. yourpastlifelover says:

Just substitute the Spenda in for the sugar and you should be fine; but you might not really want to go with cookies, anyway. For some of us who have blood sugar issues, even the taste of something sweet is enough to mess around with our blood sugar enough to set off cravings for more sweet things. We have to watch our carbohydrates very carefully, so even artificially sweetened things are not always the best things in the world for us. If you still want to make him cookies, then I would suggest a very small batch—-maybe about 6 at most.

5. So. Cal Man says:

My Sister and Mom also have diabetes and their doctor is telling them that artificial sweeteners trick the body into releasing a chemical close to insulin but equally as harmful because there is nothing to balance it out due to the fact that it is not real sugar you are ingesting. I hope that made sense. Make him oatmeal cookies with honey instead of sugar.

6. kelley says:

EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF COOKIES? SUGAR COOKIES?LOL
    SERIOUSLY, I HAVE SOME COOKBOOKS BY THE MAKERS OF BOTH SPLENDA AND EQUAL THAT HAVE COOKIE RECIPES IN THEM
    YOU MIGHT ALSO FIND A DIABETIC COOKBOOK (THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE) WHICH HAS COOKIE RECIPES IN IT.
    ALSO, GO TO THE MANUFACTURER’S OF THESE PRODUCTS’ WEB. THEY OFTEN HAVE THE KIND OF RECIPES YOU ARE LOOKING FOR FREE.
    ALSO GOOGLE ‘DIABETIC COOKIE RECIPES’
    HOPE THIS HELPS AND THAT YOU AND YOUR FRIEND HAVE MUCH TO BE HAPPY AND THANKFUL FOR THESE HOLIDAYS