HELP!!! My dog ate choclate chip cookies?

Question by Kaytlyn: HELP!!! My dog ate choclate chip cookies?
My small dog who is a mini cokcer spainel just ate some chocolate chip cookies is any one know what i can do. the vet office isnt open.

Best answer:

Answer by music is life
you should take your dog to the pest docter
A.S.A.P.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Posted by in Dog Cookies and tagged with Chip, choclate, cookies, help | Trackback
  1. IloveJoeJonas says:

    How many cookies?

  2. Kim from Sydney says:

    it will be ok – too many people fuss over nothing serious my dog eats chocolate biscuts all the time and they are 7lb toy poms just watch for anything major but im sure he/she will be sweet

  3. silent_kayos says:

    I doubt it’ll be harmful. It may throw up or have the runs but nothing serious. My JRT mix ate a full size candy bar I set out on the table once. He puked but he was fine otherwise.

  4. Jasmine says:

    Chocolate?! Some dog may react to it but some might not. The moment the vet is open you have to take him in. Keep your eyes on him! You might need an emergency vet if he goes into toxic shock.
    Symptoms of Chocolate Dog Ingestion and Poisoning….
    You can recognize that your dog has eaten a toxic dose of chocolate from the symptoms. Within the first few hours, the evidence includes vomiting, diarrhea or hyperactivity. As time passes and there’s increased absorption of the toxic substance, you’ll see an increase in the dog’s heart rate, which can cause arrhythmia, restlessness, hyperactivity, muscle twitching, increased urination or excessive panting.
    This can lead to hyperthermia, muscle tremors, seizures, coma and even death.

  5. lorrai h says:

    My dogs have gotten into Chocolate A LOT!! I have a weim who loves to counter surf. She ate two King size bars of Hersheys special dark once. She is fine. I don’t think the amount of chocolate in the cookie will do her any harm. Just watch her/him. More than likely it may have some diarrhea. But I have a feeling it will be fine.

  6. deathdarla says:

    go to aspca.org they are very good site it is animal poison control center i think it will be fine may get sick

  7. Shreeya Tandon says:

    i dont think all the vet s shop must be closed

  8. Grace H says:

    Its ok I know how you feel my dog did that too hes going to be just fine

  9. nettles says:

    Doesn’t your vet have emergency services???

    Please take her in….
    you can induce vomiting within two hours of ingestion.

Leave a Reply to silent_kayos

Click here to cancel reply.   Some XHTML allowed.  

*