Crispy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe Demonstration – Joyofbaking.com

Recipe here: www.joyofbaking.com Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to make Crispy Oatmeal Cookies. You may wonder why another recipe for an Oatmeal Cookie? The answer is that this is not an ordinary Oatmeal Cookie, because it has a surprise ingredient, rice cereal. Rice cereal has a delightful crispy crunch which adds even more texture to this soft and chewy cookie with wonderfully crisp edges. Besides the rice cereal and rolled oats, chocolate also makes an appearance, and you can use semi sweet, bittersweet, milk or even white chocolate chips. Terrific with a glass of ice cold milk. We welcome questions on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com

In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Squares. This was a special request from her son-in-law, Chris, who preferred these cookies to the traditional birthday cake for his birthday celebration! They are dark chocolate flavor, and contain peanut butter and oatmeal, making them more nutritious than the average cookie. Ingredients: ½ cup milk ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted ½ cup cocoa 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ½ cup smooth or chunky peanut butter 2 ½ cups quick-cooking oats Place ½ cup milk, ¼ cup melted butter or margarine, ½ cup cocoa, and 2 cups sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup peanut butter, and 2 ½ cups quick-cooking oats. You may finish these cookies up in a couple of ways. 1) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let set up for about ½ hour or 2) Pour mixture into a large (13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch) greased pan and cool, then cut into equally-sized squares. This is a traditional cookie recipe in my part of the country. These cookies are great as snacks for children, and are great as lunchbox items, but big kids like them, too!

1. alliskye says:

What brand mixer do you use. how how does it perform

2. histar28670 says:

i love your videos, thanks from Spain

3. Alice Louise says:

No raisins? Sacrilege! Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite cookies in the world. I’d omit the chocolate and the coffee, and add raisins. Then they’d be perfect. :)

4. DoctorRainbow8321 says:

You should do a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe.
    They’re soo good.

5. shampoo654 says:

love oatmeal cookies

6. NE1081 says:

Oatmeal cookies are one of my favorite(besides Double Chocolate Chip Cookies of course!)

7. burstingdrago says:

Pie!

8. hyladavid says:

Thanks a million for all your wonderful videos on baking. You are a pleasure to watch.

9. iamindigobaby says:

hehe i’ve been following ur recipe to make Oatmeal Cookies, Crispy Oatmeal Cookies, Cowboy Cookies and not just my husband loves it, his colleagues too :D
    i always have the temptation to add cereal yet i wouldnt change a bit of your recipes coz it’s perfect already
    but now, haha there you go! THANKS for this video, im trying it tonight :D

10. dddneverlander says:

I suppose we can replace choc chips with rasins :)

11. kaaaailynnabbi says:

no one likes oatmeal raisins ? i guess im the only one )’:

12. newfiechic says:

Love your videos! Always learn so much when you add in different measurements and add tips and opinions! Thanks!

13. DoMadrid says:

As usual, a very thorough and instructive video with suggestions for whatever supplies you may or may not have in your kitchen. The rationale as to why specific ingredients are included (or left out) or why specific actions take place is interesting, even your own personal preferences (salted vs. unsalted butter). Thanks again Stephanie, I look forward to your videos every time. P.s. made a variation of your NY cheesecake once again yesterday.

14. Moshimonsterslove101 says:

Could you freeze the cookie dough and use it for another time?

15. hanx1ao1n says:

no offence but too much talking

16. lsadsnz says:

Tried these today and they are delicious! Didn’t have any rice bubbles so used cocopops instead and it turned out fab, love the little crispy surprise when you bite into them :)

17. j0si3tr1nh says:

they sound unusual and yummyyyy :x

18. yuriirii says:

That looks so yummy. What a lucky son-in-law!

19. staycoollykme says:

i dont like peanut butter…can i lease omit dat ingredient?

20. bettyskitchen says:

No, I’ve never made Shrimp Creole. I would be happy to look at your recipe.
    -Betty :)

21. Melody Sharon says:

Thank you Betty…..have you ever made shrimp creole? I have a great recipe if you are interested…..I’m from Louisiana so I have a lot of cajun dishes!

22. bettyskitchen says:

You may omit the vanilla.  Have a terrific day!
    –Betty :)

23. Melody Sharon says:

Hey Betty,
    Do I have to use vanilla extract? Hope you are having a great day! I absolutely love your videos!!

24. Shinbronzegod says:

I just made these last night, they were great! And just as quick and easy as Betty promised. Next time I will experiment with cutting back on the sugar. It was kind of a pyschological hurdle for me to put two full cups in. The peanut butter really adds a nice kick; the saltiness of it provides an unexpected complexity to this easy to prepare dessert! It’s more of a chunky fudge than a cookie to me, but hey- “A rose by any other name”, right?

Your videos are awesome, B, you’re the best!!!

25. bettyskitchen says:

Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I am so happy that you have been able to use some of my recipes. The main reason I keep this channel going is to help people learn to cook and to preserve the recipes of my youth for my family’s next generation and for people like you with roots in Kentucky.
    –Betty :)

26. BWest220 says:

Hi Betty… thanks so much for sharing this recipe! It is the EXACT recipe that my Mom used to make me waaay back when I was a kid… it’s in our family cookbook and I manage to make it once in a Blue Moon… they are sooo good and takes me back to very happy times! — Oh and by the way… I’m from central Illinois but our family arrived there from Kentucky sometime in the late1800s… LOVE your channel in general! I’ve found many lost down-home family recipes on this channel!

27. BWest220 says:

Hi Betty… thanks so much for sharing this recipe! It is the EXACT recipe that my Mom used to make me waaay back when I was a kid… it’s in our family cookbook and I make it once in a Blue Moon… they are sooo good and takes me back to very happy times! — Oh and by the way… I’m from central Illinois but our family arrived there from Kentucky sometime in the late1800s… LOVE your channel in general! I’ve found many lost down-home family recipes on this channel!

28. BWest220 says:

Hi Betty… thanks so much for sharing this recipe! It is the EXACT recipe that my Mom used to make me way back when I was a kid… it’s in our family cookbook and I make it once in a Blue Moon… they are sooo good and takes me back to very happy times! — Oh and by the way… I’m from central Illinois but our family arrived there from Kentucky sometime in the late1800s… LOVE your channel in general! I’ve found many lost down-home family recipes on this channel!

29. BWest220 says:

30. BWest220 says:

31. bettyskitchen says:

These cookies will keep in the refrigerator for at least a week, maybe longer.

32. Gabrielle Dela Cruz says:

Hello Mam Betty, thank u for this recipe it’s so quick to make and I’d love to make them for my friends and give them away when I meet them, I just want to know how long theyll be edible if I leave them in the refrigerator. Thank u so much :)

33. furuba56 says:

I tried to look for this recipe like this but with chocolate syrup

34. thecowsaysmoo80 says:

That’s a normal size in Texas.

35. Momota Bashar says:

wow.. amazing recipe.. quick easy and tastes awesum.. thank you so much.. :)

36. bettyskitchen says:

I have never made these without the cocoa. If you don’t like the cocoa or don’t have it, I would try leaving it out.
    –Betty :)

37. HelloKittyLoverFan says:

Is it needed to put chocolate cocoa or is it optional ?c: Please reply !c:

38. bettyskitchen says:

Yes, I think Splenda is fine. Some people prefer Stevia.
    –Betty :)

39. rowanvamp0 says:

sorry on tablet didn’t finish just wondered if using splenda would be a good substitute since the boiling method is so important. Thanks again and we are loving your cookbook

40. rowanvamp0 says:

I’ve. been reading Betty and it seems so important to get the boiling just right I’m wondering if I used