Italian cookies?

Question by fibe: Italian cookies?
Does anyone know the name of the Italian cookies that are little balls that you stack on top of each other and then drizzle honey over and add sprinkles?

Best answer:

Answer by MommaMia2006

**you can drizzle honey before you sprinkle**

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 eggs
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
Cream the butter. Add in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, stir the flour and baking powder together.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture. NOTE: If batter is too dry, add a bit of milk.
Use hands to shape pieces of dough into loop-shaped cookies.
Place on cookie sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Cool and frost.


3/4 cup butter
1/3 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Cream margarine or butter and sugar thoroughly; add eggs, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of orange juice. Combine flour and baking powder and gradually add to creamed mixture.
Knead dough on lightly floured board for about 5 minutes. Using tablespoonfuls of dough, roll in 6-inch lengths; press ends together to form rings. Let stand on ungreased cookie sheets at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Bake 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 15-17 minutes or until lightly golden.
To Make Icing: Combine 2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar with enough orange juice to make a thin glaze. Dip each hot cookie into glaze; cool on racks. Decorate with confetti sprinkles, if desired.

What do you think? Answer below!

Posted by in Italian Cookies and tagged with cookies, Italian | Trackback
  1. cknlomein says:

    It’s called struffoli, or honeyballs. They are available in italian bakeries especially around the holiday season.

Leave a Reply

  Some XHTML allowed.